In our latest kitchen renovation, the homeowners liked the existing footprint of their space but were looking to upgrade its appearance, function, and storage capacity. Though we installed a backsplash and new quartz countertops, the semi-custom cabinets made the most impact in this Chapel Hill kitchen remodel. Read on to learn about the custom features that make these new kitchen cabinets unique.
The semi-custom solid wood shaker-style cabinets in this kitchen offer a modern design with increased storage capacity. Without a doubt, the aesthetic of the new cabinets is a definite upgrade from the existing veneer-wrapped cabinets. The undercabinet lighting makes it easier to perform tasks while showcasing the newly installed bright white subway tile and quartz countertops. By bringing the cabinets up to the ceiling and adding several custom shelving features, we were able to significantly increase the storage capacity.
Unique Storage Features Found in These Semi-Custom Cabinets Include
- The ductwork from the new hood vent was previously exposed above the cabinets but it is now hidden in the cabinet above the hood.
- The wall-mounted microwave is secure in place thanks to custom framing that blends seamlessly with the new cabinets.
- The “easy-reach cabinet” with a hinged door maximizes every inch of depth in the upper corner cabinet.
- The hinged cabinet door to the lower corner cabinet has a lazy susan to provide effortless access to hard-to-reach items.
- U-shaped drawers under the kitchen sink provide easier access to every inch of storage space without disturbing the plumbing.
- Pull-out shelves make even the back of the lower cabinets reachable.
- The top drawer under the microwave conceals a customized charging station.
- The trashcan is now concealed in a pull-out cabinet to the left of the sink.
- Soft-close cabinets and drawers prevent the noise of closing loudly while protecting fingers.
- Extra deep drawers in select cabinets provide additional storage space for small appliances, pots, and pans keeping the countertops clutter-free.
Whether you are looking to fully renovate your kitchen from top to bottom or simply upgrade the cabinets, contact us today to discuss your project. We would love the opportunity to maximize the storage in your home, increase its function, and improve its appearance!